Forum closed. New forum available at http://community.wymeditor.org/

WYMeditor Installation/Integration

Support forum for WYMeditor.

WYMeditor Installation/Integration

Postby mririgo on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:04 pm

I'm interested in using WYMeditor to replace FCKeditor. I have downloaded the package, but there is no documentation on how to implement, or even demo, the editor once it is copied over to my server. Older documentation states there is an "editor.htm" file, which is not the case. The source of the actual demo on the WYMeditor site has led to nothing but dead ends also.

Does anyone have a example code for the proper script includes to get the editor working in it's basic form? I would also suggest that proper documentation is provided somewhere. If there already is documentation that I have overlooked, I apologize in advance and a simple link to it would be appreciated.
mririgo

Postby Bravo_Kernel on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:49 am

All the information you are talking about can be found at the TRAC ( http://trac.wymeditor.org/trac).

Take a look at the Integration page for a basic example.

HTH,
Bravo
Bravo_Kernel

Postby mantis on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:23 pm

The only problem is that if you use the basic script sample provided on the trac site and try and get the latest beta version along with the latest jquery library included it simply doesn't work as described. I only get a textarea box and a submit button... The default .js files included in the beta 0.4 release don't work. I couldn't even get the beta 3 ones working actually...
The only way I've managed to get it functional is by downloading the demo webpage as a site with my browser and then using those .js files...

As I'm not that familiar with the whole jquery stuff I'll admit there might just be something simple that I'm not seeing perhaps, but I've had the same problems that mririgo described.

P.S. If you can help me get the latest beta version going I'd be happy to help with the integration documentation. :)
mantis

Postby mantis on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:35 pm

mririgo I think the issue is the fact that if you download the jquery file from the jquery homepage they don't seem to work for some reason...
You need to click on the download link at the top and then download the current release... it works.

Here is the link:

http://code.google.com/p/jqueryjs/downl ... .1.pack.js
mantis

Postby jfh on Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:48 am

FYI, next release will include jQuery and long-awaited integration examples :)
I'll work on that issue this week.
jfh
Site Admin

The examples are working!

Postby kostelp on Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:48 am

If your page isn't submitted you probably might have to add the "name" attribute to the <input type="submit" .../> form element, to make the examples work with standards compliant browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, for example:

<form method="post" action="">
<textarea name="mypage" class="wymeditor"></textarea>
<input type="submit" name="submit" class="wymupdate" />
</form>

Thank you all guys for this cool editor and happy coding!

Best regards,
Kostel
kostelp

Return to Support