Forum closed. New forum available at http://community.wymeditor.org/

problem with image resizing in Firefox 2.0.0.5

Support forum for WYMeditor.

problem with image resizing in Firefox 2.0.0.5

Postby rhino on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:33 pm

Just raising the flag: I'm having an issue with with resizing images once they are inserted into WYMEditor; I'm using 0.4 beta. After I insert an image I try to resize it. The border with handles appears as it should. When I try to drag and drop the handles around, the "ghosted" preview image appears overtop as it should. However when I release the mouse button nothing happens; it just keeps dragging around. The only way to clear the drag handle from the mouse position is to refresh the page. It seems like the mouseDown behavior is working correctly but the mouseUp behavior is kicked.

The problem seems to be localized to FF2 as far as I can tell, but it happens on both PC and mac. It seems to work fine in IE 6 and 7 on PC. I haven't been able to test in FF 1 yet. I can't test it on mac safari because the js crashes it, as expected I guess.

Not sure if this is worthy of opening a ticket, I just wanted to let you know about it and see if anyone has any ideas.
rhino

Postby jfh on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:56 pm

It's a bug. I found out it's caused by evt.stopPropagation(); in Wymeditor.prototype.mouseup (jquery.wymeditor.js).
Please open a ticket, we'll try to fix the issue.
jfh
Site Admin

Postby jfh on Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:05 pm

Oops, what do you mean by 'Safari crashes'?
It should not since r373.
jfh
Site Admin

Postby rhino on Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:58 pm

ticket is opened. good luck!
rhino

Postby rhino on Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:01 pm

it's crashing the hell out of safari but I don't think WYMEditor is causing the issue. I've been having that problem on other pages for a while now and I just implementd WE 0.4 yesterday, I think it's caused by something else I did. Not sure what it could be yet...
rhino

Postby sitespark on Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:07 pm

Has this ticket progressed? Whats ticket URL?

My project needs to implement a custom image resize which could use the native resize (and then send to custom stuff).

This post is also related: http://forum.wymeditor.org/forum/viewto ... ?p=915#915

If not fixed - let me know how we can contribute to fixing this!
sitespark

Return to Support