Forum closed. New forum available at http://community.wymeditor.org/

js file issues

Support forum for WYMeditor.

js file issues

Postby mantis on Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:19 am

Why is it that no matter what build of the jquery.wymeditor.js I use or whatever available package I download none of them work out of the box so to speak. I have a fully functional CMS that I simply plug the editor into but i've yet to get any of the wymeditor builds working (this is to say the editor comes up and populates the field with my database record however none of the dialog based functions work. preview, image, link etc.) within it using the standard downloadable files you offer on the site. The only method by which I've been successful in getting all the features to work is by copying the "demo" .js files directly off your site (which are unfortunately compressed so I can't edit them as necessary) and then dropping them in to the file directory. What gives? I really have no idea why the daily builds don't work for instance but the "demo" ones do. Any thoughts?

P.S. I love the editor (kudos for building a editor that leaves every other one in the dust imho) I just wish one of the non packed jquery.wymeditor.js files actually worked so that i could start modifying it myself. Other than that GREAT JOB! and keep up the good work!

If there is any way that I can be of assistance with documentation of the installation procedure and some general best practices please don't hesitate to let me know.
mantis

Postby kimelto on Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:36 am

The nightly build is broken for me too :(
But don't forget that it is an "alpha" version (not well tested as the stable and the beta version)
kimelto

alpha is one thing

Postby mantis on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:21 pm

The fact that it is alpha is understandable, however, the .js "libraries" should work (my assumption would be that they must work to a certain extent or else they wouldn't make them available for download and testing/debugging) and not simply provide you with an editor that has no functionality whatsoever. I guess I was just supposing that there might be something obvious that i'm just not getting. I don't know. I think it's just the fact that no one else seems to be having the same issue (with the 0.4 beta release) or perhaps its just not well documented. I know it's a work in progress... Just feeling a bit frustrated with the fact that i can use the packed files and they function properly but I can't find a non packed .js file that works. Using the latest nightly build was a last resort to making it work. meh... been a long week of programming... and I'm supposed to be a designer.
mantis

Postby jfh on Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:30 pm

Sorry, a semi-colon was missing in the XHTML parser since r432, and that broke the packed build :(

Please update your copy with latest nightly build and open examples/01-basic.html.
It should work out of the box.
jfh
Site Admin

Return to Support