Forum closed. New forum available at http://community.wymeditor.org/

Upgrading from 0.4 beta to 0.4

Support forum for WYMeditor.

Upgrading from 0.4 beta to 0.4

Postby hinch on Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:10 pm

This seems to be a bit of a minefield so rather than keep stumbling i though i'd better ask for advice from the experts!

My current WYMeditor is placed in a subfolder with jQuery and a php file that generates my jQuery Wymeditor function.

I currently have my editor setup with links drop down selector, and an image selector link (opens in a pop up displaying images on the server) and my classes and containers both on the right.

This took a lot of work to setup and the code seems to have chaged considerably. Is there an easy way to upgrade without losing all my work?
hinch

Postby jfh on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:35 am

If you haven't manually edited any of the WYMeditor files, you should simply copy files from 0.4 to your setup, overwriting 0.4 beta files.

Required new files: wymeditor/wym_css_parser.pack.js, wymeditor/xhtml_parser.pack.js, wymeditor/skins/wymeditor_icon.png
jfh
Site Admin

Postby hinch on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:43 am

wymeditor.jquery.js has been modified by me, though not extensively - just removing a few containers and adding a link to the pop up image box.

Initially I just uploaded the new files to my server, hit refresh and oops the editor was no longer working. I uploaded my original wymeditor.jquery.js leaving the other files and it worked fine again.

I've taken a look at the example files and I can't put my finger on what's going wrong. I can make a simple, standard installation work with wymeditor.jquery.pack.js but not with the unpacked version.
hinch

Postby jfh on Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:49 am

hinch wrote:wymeditor.jquery.js has been modified by me, though not extensively - just removing a few containers and adding a link to the pop up image box.

Instead of modifying WYMeditor files, please use the options described in the docs, so upgrades will be much easier.

I guess example 05-custom-dialog will help.

hinch wrote:Initially I just uploaded the new files to my server, hit refresh and oops the editor was no longer working. I uploaded my original wymeditor.jquery.js leaving the other files and it worked fine again.

I've taken a look at the example files and I can't put my finger on what's going wrong. I can make a simple, standard installation work but not one with my custom link box and styles etc.

Is there anything i'm doing wrong from what I've said?

I'd recommend using FF + Firebug for debugging.

If you can't find what's wrong, please point me an URL where I can test your integration.
jfh
Site Admin

Postby hinch on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:37 pm

OK, I've taken to using the init functions instead of modifying the main wymeditor file, everything's working nicely now =)

Thanks.
hinch

Return to Support