Forum closed. New forum available at http://community.wymeditor.org/

disabling image resize inside editor

Support forum for WYMeditor.

disabling image resize inside editor

Postby kanjar on Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:49 pm

How can I disable image width and height resize inside editor?
I mean this drag and drop image html-resize.
kanjar

I would also like to know how to do this

Postby avallo on Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:21 am

This is something i need as well. i have an image editor that resizes images, it would be cool to be able to disable this feature. Plus i am on Firefox and the image resize dosn't work anyway.
avallo

Postby sitespark on Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:57 am

I actually want to make resize usable (custom) - i'd like my project to contribute to WYMeditor - but issues like this really need a response to move ahead :) .
sitespark

Re: disabling image resize inside editor

Postby aaronlinkous on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:35 pm

Would also like to know how to do this, or atleast where the tag formation is created so I can change the order of which the attributes are put into the tag.
aaronlinkous

Postby mr_lundis on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:18 pm

The resize handles are one of many "features" the browsers designMode implementation provides, and - as far as I know - there's no easy way of turning them off. The only solution I've found just works with contentEditable (which were not even using in the current version of WYM) and its buggy at best. We will how ever use contentEditable in the next version of WYM as it's a lot more flexible, and there's finally cross-browser support available. So in the future you'll maybe be able to disable or replace these handles, but not at the moment.

The one solution I can see, if you don't want your users to resize the images is to parse the generated html (or maybe listen to mouseup/down events on images) and remove or reset the image dimensions.It's not pretty.

aaronlinkous wrote:Would also like to know how to do this, or atleast where the tag formation is created so I can change the order of which the attributes are put into the tag.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean? You want to control the order of the attributes in the generated img tags? What good would that do?

Cheers! ;)
Jonatan Lundin - designer, developer and forum moderator. You should follow me on Twitter!
mr_lundis

Postby cbsides on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi, thanks for the info re: contentEditable in the next release.

I'm also having a related problem. I'm using a spellchecker and it introduces a DIV directly into the editor's iframe which falls victim to the resize handles you seem to get in designMode (but only in IE)

As I understand designMode can be turned off at the document level. Would this break editor functionality?

If so, could I toggle it only during spellcheck mode through the API? Using something like:

Code: Select all
wym._doc.designMode = "Off"

Gives me an error unfortunately.

Thanks in advance
cbsides

Return to Support