Forum closed. New forum available at http://community.wymeditor.org/

Comments in CSS-file

Support forum for WYMeditor.

Comments in CSS-file

Postby Walter456 on Sat May 31, 2008 1:31 pm

Hey guys!
I´m sorry about the little misfortune, I thought I posted an English text too but apparently it didn´t work.

Today I looked at the WYMEditor in version 4.0.
I would like to use this editor in my CMS system.

But i still have them questions left.
In the file style.css you are able to insert your own comments, which will show up on the toolbar.
Unfortunately I don´t know how to insert my own comments.
And if I put my own comments in, is there a way that i can put them into this file but they don´t show up in the editor?
Is there any way of putting your own comments into this file?
Also: How can I change the width of the editor? And can I use a variable to set the width, while the editor is loading?

I´m grateful for any help.

Sincerely
Stephan Krauß
Walter456

Re: Comments in CSS-file

Postby mr_lundis on Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:08 pm

To edit the styles.css file you need to open it in a text editor, notepad will do perfectly fine. Inside that file you'll find instructions on how to edit these styles as well as how to add your own.

And the easiest way to set the width of the editor is to set the width of the parent element (i.e. a wrapper). By doing so you'll avoid to edit the wym source it self, witch in turn makes upgrades and the like much easier.

Hope this helps!
Jonatan Lundin - designer, developer and forum moderator. You should follow me on Twitter!
mr_lundis

Re: Comments in CSS-file

Postby PACE on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:22 am

You can also modify the height of the iframe directly with jQuery, I use this for my resizable editor. You need the jquery.dimensions Plugin (or the newest jQuery version where it is integrated already)

Then, something like this will change the height:
Code: Select all
$("#flare-editor .wym_box iframe").height(editorHeight - 50);

br,
Ben
PACE

Return to Support