Forum closed. New forum available at http://community.wymeditor.org/

Blank Alt

Support forum for WYMeditor.

Blank Alt

Postby admorphit on Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:06 am

I did a forum search for blank alt which returned no results so I'm assuming this query has not been raised.
I believe when inserting an image with no alt text specified, a blank alt attribute should be inserted into the markup.

Other than that, excellent work.
admorphit

Re: Blank Alt

Postby dor on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:08 pm

Wouldn't it be useless?

I can't find it contributing to anything.
I'm not an English speaker, so sorry for my English mistakes (if there are any) or misunderstanding that caused by my lack of knowledge in English.
dor

Postby mr_lundis on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:45 pm

admorphit wrote:I did a forum search for blank alt which returned no results so I'm assuming this query has not been raised.
I believe when inserting an image with no alt text specified, a blank alt attribute should be inserted into the markup.

Other than that, excellent work.

I suggest you to post an enhancement request for this at the Trac site if you wish to see it implemented.

dor wrote:Wouldn't it be useless?

I can't find it contributing to anything.

The alt attribute is a required attribute for images, thus code containing images without alt attributes won't validate.
Jonatan Lundin - designer, developer and forum moderator. You should follow me on Twitter!
mr_lundis

Postby admorphit on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:11 am

mr_lundis wrote:I suggest you to post an enhancement request for this at the Trac site if you wish to see it implemented.

Are you able to provide me with a direct link to the page where I can add this?

I went to http://trac.wymeditor.org/trac/report but there doesn't seem to be anywhere where can add a new request.
admorphit

Postby admorphit on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:33 am

admorphit wrote:Are you able to provide me with a direct link to the page where I can add this?
I went to http://trac.wymeditor.org/trac/report but there doesn't seem to be anywhere where can add a new request.

I didn't realize I needed to register a separate account and login. I've posted a new ticket on trac. Thanks for your help.
admorphit

Postby mr_lundis on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:45 am

admorphit wrote:I didn't realize I needed to register a separate account and login. I've posted a new ticket on trac. Thanks for your help.

For version 0.6 we're planning a move from SVN/Trac to GIT/Redmine, allowing for better integration between the different WYMeditor sites, and a singe sign on.

Cheers ;)
Jonatan Lundin - designer, developer and forum moderator. You should follow me on Twitter!
mr_lundis

Return to Support