Forum closed. New forum available at http://community.wymeditor.org/

Problems with the charset

Support forum for WYMeditor.

Problems with the charset

Postby jayjayjay_92 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:02 am

Hi, I'm developing a little project, the problem is that i'm spanish and the web is in spanish.
When I started developing I decided to use iso 8859-1 because I've had problems with utf 8 and now I decided to use WYMeditor because it's the simplest thing that i've seen BUT I'm having problems with the charset , if the webpage is in utf-8, wym looks ok, but other things don't, if the web is in iso 8859 wym looks bad, but other looks well.
I tried changind the db charset and the web, i tried too changing the charset in wymiframe.html , I searched in the forum and i saw that solution but it didn't solve my problems. I looked in the wiki and saw something about trac.ini http://trac.wymeditor.org/trac/wiki/TracIni but i don't have that file
jayjayjay_92

Re: Problems with the charset

Postby mr_lundis on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:35 pm

Hello jayjayjay!

I think the easiest solution here would still be to change the character set on the server, as WYMeditor is designed to operate in UTF-8. Changing the trac.ini file won't affect the editor, as it's a part of the wiki itself not the editor.

Cheers!
Jonatan Lundin - designer, developer and forum moderator. You should follow me on Twitter!
mr_lundis

Postby jayjayjay_92 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:59 pm

Hi, I've solved the problem doing an extrange thing, first passed everything to utf -8 but failed the table, so i imported it as an xml data source (with spry framework) I tried and still had problems with the charset in the tgable, changed the charset of the xml to iso 8859 - 1, i don't understand why but it worked perfectly
Thank for your help, and now I'm giving you a new that you may like, :) I'm developing cms (Mrs. BLog [my really simple blog{I know, the best name of history}]) and the most possible thing (99,9999%) is that I use WYMeditor, nice performance, easy to use, nice support, open source and more powerful than I can want or need, could it be better? :mrgreen:

Edit: I see that you're swedish, I suppose that it has special chars, so, don't you ever have problems with encoding?

See you soon!
jayjayjay_92

Postby mr_lundis on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:00 pm

Of course I get into these kind of situations from time to time as well. I've however made it a habit to always use utf-8 as default encoding for everything I do, and by doing so I can avoid problems such as the one you had earlier.

Looking forward to the first release of Mrs. Blog by the way! :wink:

Cheers!
Jonatan Lundin - designer, developer and forum moderator. You should follow me on Twitter!
mr_lundis

Return to Support