Forum closed. New forum available at http://community.wymeditor.org/

Project Status

Support forum for WYMeditor.

Project Status

Postby viken on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:42 pm

I've been working with wymeditor for the past month or so and so far so good. I've worked with fck and tinymce in the past but I was attracted to wymeditor's central idea of content not presentation. I've been browsing the forums, reviewing trac and even perusing svn and I'm slightly concerned that the project has lost momentum. I apologize if i'm misinterpreting what i've seen, but I was hoping someone in the know could provide the inside story on where this project is headed.
viken

Re: Project Status

Postby mr_lundis on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:35 pm

Hello viken and welcome to the WYMeditor furum!

I'm sorry for the late reply. It's true that this project might have lost some of it's momentum. But one has to remember that most, if not all work on this project currently is done on an voluntary basis, in each developers spare time.

Regarding the development of the 0.5, that's more of Jean-François Hovine's area. Don't expect a lot of progress in that area, as jfh doesn't a lot of free time at the moment.

As for future versions, I'll try to pick up where Scott left of. I've already stated coding a bit, and I'll set up a repository over at GitHub when I got something to show.

Cheers!
Jonatan Lundin - designer, developer and forum moderator. You should follow me on Twitter!
mr_lundis

Postby snz3 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:46 pm

mr_lundis,

did u manage to get the 'new' version going? I've read the proposed architecture by scott and I agree on most points. I also believe that wym should be tackled in that manner. Meaning, keep the core very very basic, extend functionality and behaviour through plugins, and provide good (basic) plugins (e.g. insert image etc) and good defaults (e.g. insert image button triggers insert image plugin).

The core in my opinion is the parsers, and text editing functionalities.

So, is there anything for me to work on?
snz3

Postby mr_lundis on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:09 pm

snz3,

I haven't been able to work that much on the WYMeditor code the last couple of weeks, but you'll find what I've done this far in my GitHub repo. Please feel free to comment/fork!
The area which will need most work is probably the SAPI - but generally help in any area is welcome. ;)

And finaly, besides working on the code, I'll try to get some code/design guidelines.

Cheers!
Jonatan Lundin - designer, developer and forum moderator. You should follow me on Twitter!
mr_lundis

Return to Support