Forum closed. New forum available at http://community.wymeditor.org/

WymEditor Failing to Load

Support forum for WYMeditor.

WymEditor Failing to Load

Postby nwhiting on Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:49 pm

Hello!

First I would like to say great great piece of software you have developed here :P

One minor issue ( well quite major ) is that I cannot get the Wymeditor to load...

I have jQuery correctly installed as I use it for my form validation, it seems fairly simple to load I have included all needed but it doesn't work?
I get no errors thrown in firebug which which I would think that means it is working.

I include the editor through injecting it into the header through a plugin loader

Code: Select all
   <script src="/portfolio/js/jquery/lib/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
   <script src="/portfolio/js/jquery/jquery.validate.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
   <script src="/portfolio/js/common.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/portfolio/app/public/plugins/AdminWymeditor/javascript/jquery.wymeditor.pack.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/portfolio/app/public/plugins/AdminWymeditor/javascript/wymeditor.load.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/portfolio/app/public/plugins/AdminWymeditor/javascript/plugins/hovertools/jquery.wymeditor.hovertools.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/portfolio/app/public/plugins/AdminWymeditor/javascript/plugins/resizable/jquery.wymeditor.resizable.js"></script>

The wymeditor.load.js files simply throws the class wymeditor onto my textareas ( they do not have a default class to being with or I would use that ) and then loads the editor here is the source for that file.

Code: Select all
function changeClass() {
    var textareas = document.getElementsByTagName('textarea');

for (i=0; i < textareas.length; i++) {
        textareas[i].className = 'wymeditor';
    }

document.getElementById('submit').className = 'wymupdate';
}
window.onload = changeClass;
jQuery(function() {
    jQuery(function() {
    jQuery('.wymeditor').wymeditor({

postInit: function(wym) {
            wym.hovertools();
            wym.resizable();
        }
    });
});
});

Only thing I could think of is that the wymeditor is loading before the window.onload ( not much into jquery ) and hence not replacing the textarea because it doesnt find any to replace.

Any help would be great :)
nwhiting

Re: WymEditor Failing to Load

Postby nwhiting on Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:37 pm

I have fixed the loading issue....

Now the problem that whenever I try to add a image, url or anything that envolves the popup form it will not work.....the form will display but it also loads a 404 page because of the routing Zend's framework is trying.

My question is what is the path the editor trys to load for those popups? So i can disable htaccess for those directories.

I have disabled it for the directory for plugins and it still does not seem to work
nwhiting

Re: WymEditor Failing to Load

Postby mr_lundis on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:59 am

Hello!

The editor shouldn't be loading anything new from the server side. The only things that might be requested from the server - if not cached by the client - are the jQuery and WYMeditor JS-files.

Do you get both a form and a 404?

Cheers ;)
Jonatan Lundin - designer, developer and forum moderator. You should follow me on Twitter!
mr_lundis

Return to Support