Forum closed. New forum available at http://community.wymeditor.org/

iframe removal

Support forum for WYMeditor.

iframe removal

Postby workingtraffic on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi,

After upgrading to the latest version of the WYMeditor all my clients <iframe> source is removed from the content in which it is embedded.

My client runs a support system and they embed the support systems submission forms (such as "submit a problem to support" etc.) in their content pages using iframes. This used to work perfectly in the previous version by allowing them to run their support system on a different server to the server on which the content for their website is hosted and still be able to see the forms and edit the text around it in the WYMeditor.

Now the iframe code is stripped out and replaced by <p> tags when the editor loads and when my client hits update the iframe code is gone for good which is a major problem.

For completeness here is the actual data I store in my database for (just as example the main support page for the website):

<p>Technical support questions are handled on a first come, first serve basis.&nbsp; We typically respond within one business day.&nbsp; </p>

<iframe src="/forms/Ask_Support.php" class="formSupport"></iframe>"

if I do a search in this forum for 'iframe" the search is disallowed and I been unable to find any other reference to this, so I have posted my question here.

I hope someone has some suggestion for how to handle/resolve this problem.

TIA.
workingtraffic

Re: iframe removal

Postby mr_lundis on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:35 am

Hello, and welcome to the WYMediitor forum!

From which version of WYMeditor were you upgrading?

Cheers!
Jonatan Lundin - designer, developer and forum moderator. You should follow me on Twitter!
mr_lundis

Postby b3n on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:10 am

Hi,

I'm also having this issue, although this is a new install not an upgrade - I'm on 0.5-b3

The iframe I'm trying to save is for a Google map, and it is completely stripped out on saving the content.

Benjamin
b3n

Postby mr_lundis on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:23 am

The iframe element is not included in the xhtml stric doctype, thus it's not included in WYMeditor either. The only valid alternative is to use the <object> element, but it lacks good support in IE. Another option could be to add the iframe element to the XHTML Validator (keeping it from being stripped out), but that would result in invalid xhtml.

The support for embedding third party content generally isn't that good in the current version of WYMeditor, for future versions we're planning a place holder system to make insertion of videos/maps/etc (and alternate content) easier.

Cheers! ;)
Jonatan Lundin - designer, developer and forum moderator. You should follow me on Twitter!
mr_lundis

Postby b3n on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:53 am

Thanks very much Mr Lundis, that solves that mystery. I think I'll have to add it to the validator for now though, as a quick fix - but I'm eagerly awaiting the new version :)
b3n

Return to Support