Forum closed. New forum available at http://community.wymeditor.org/

Link creation broken

Support forum for WYMeditor.

Link creation broken

Postby tarwin on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi,

I seem to be having real trouble getting links to work. After selecting text, clicking link, filling in the URL field and pressing submit I get the following error:

[Exception... "'Syntax error, unrecognized expression: [@href=wym-1243884445647]' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]

Any idea what could be causing this? The error is from Firebug but it doesn't work in either Firefox or Chrome (or IE for that matter). Anyone else had this problem? I'm using a version of WYM from about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks!
tarwin

Re: Link creation broken

Postby mr_lundis on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:37 am

Hi tarwin and welcome to the forums!
You're most likely getting this error because you are trying to use an old version of WYMeditor together with jQuery 1.3. I'd recommend you to do a fresh checkout of the WYmeditor trunk.

See this thread for more on jQuery 1.3 compatibility.

Cheers! ;)
Jonatan Lundin - designer, developer and forum moderator. You should follow me on Twitter!
mr_lundis

Postby tarwin on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:44 am

Thanks updating now - hopefully this fixes it.

I'm currently adding WYMEditor support to our OS CMS "Poko CMS" (http://code.google.com/p/poko/). Do you want to add it to the list of projects using it?
tarwin

Postby tarwin on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:15 am

Thanks heaps. That seemed to fix things, though I did have to use the 0.5rc1 in the releases rather than the trunk as that seemed broken.

Again, thanks so much for your help, and the amazing editor.
tarwin

Postby mr_lundis on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:32 am

You're welcome!
I have one question for you though; what would seem to be broken in the trunk?

Cheers! ;)
Jonatan Lundin - designer, developer and forum moderator. You should follow me on Twitter!
mr_lundis

Return to Support