Forum closed. New forum available at http://community.wymeditor.org/

WYMEditor isn't working appropriately on my local installati

Support forum for WYMeditor.

WYMEditor isn't working appropriately on my local installati

Postby tschoartschi on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:16 pm

Hi!

I'm new to WYMeditor. I was really impressed by the online demos. This was the reason, why I want to use the editor on my website. I downloaded the packed folder and unpacked it on my drive. When I want to use the WYMeditor, I don't see any buttons. I just see {Tools} {Strong} {Emphasis} {Superscript} and so on and so on. I have the same problems with the examples which are provided in the packed folder. The examples on the WYMeditor site work as they should. Is there a problem with my folder structure or am I missing something?

I compared the code which I have local with the demo code on the WYMeditor site, but I can't find a difference. Could you help me??

Thank you very much
Bye
Tschoartschi
tschoartschi

Re: WYMEditor isn't working appropriately on my local installati

Postby mr_lundis on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:39 pm

Hi Tschoartschi!
The examples won't work locally due to browser security policies, they will work fine on a web server though. If you're using Firefox see this page for more information, and instructions on how to disable the policy.

Cheers! ;)
Jonatan Lundin - designer, developer and forum moderator. You should follow me on Twitter!
mr_lundis

Postby tschoartschi on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:25 pm

Thanks for your reply! I'm using Firefox and I've changed the policies as explained in the link you posted. Now the examples from the packed folder work, but when I want to integrate the WYMEditor in my project it still doesn't work :-( The only difference to the example file is, that I'm including jQuery from the Google-Respositories. Could this be also a problem with some policies? I'm very new to this and I'm very happy about every hint you have for me ;-)

EDIT: It seems to have some problems with the SSL-Connection... The form is in a secure part of my website, so I want to use it with SSL. So is this also a local problem with some security policies or a different??
tschoartschi

Postby mr_lundis on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:59 am

You're welcome! The script files needs to be served from the same domain and port (SSL uses another port on the server) to not break the same origin policies. See the same origin policy article on MDC for more info.

Cheers! ;)
Jonatan Lundin - designer, developer and forum moderator. You should follow me on Twitter!
mr_lundis

Return to Support