Forum closed. New forum available at http://community.wymeditor.org/

A couple of requests

Discuss features, code, contributions, ideas, suggestions, ...
For bugs, patches and feature requests, please post on the Trac:
http://trac.wymeditor.org/

A couple of requests

Postby Digital Spaghetti on Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:10 am

Hi folks,

Loving WymEditor - so lightweight, and very customizable. A few things I'd like to mention here though:

1) PLEASE! More the mailing lists over to Google Groups. This isn't just a personal request, but it means the list is much more public and easily searchable - jQuery is on there already and it's working out great.

2) When defining my own classesItems, I can't seem to set tags such as SPAN or DIV. I'm trying to develop a set of classes that I'll release that will make creating Microformats easy. Would it be possible to add in this functionality?
Digital Spaghetti

Postby jfh on Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:01 am

Hi!
1) Thanks for the idea. We'll see what we can do when we have some time.
2) SPANs and DIVs aren't currently supported. We plan to add this feature in the next release (0.4).
jfh
Site Admin

Re: A couple of requests

Postby onip on Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:29 pm

is there any news about this feature?
I've been asked to (try to) add microformat support to wymeditor for an university project.
Currently I've implemented a plugin with some "fixed structure" dialogs to add contents, but adding custom classes to selected text (through <span> tag often) is just what is needed.
onip

Postby jfh on Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:28 pm

We plan to support span elements in the next release (0.6).
Perhaps you can also use XSLT, by transforming currently supported inline elements?
jfh
Site Admin

Postby onip on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:15 am

jfh wrote:Perhaps you can also use XSLT, by transforming currently supported inline elements?

You mean trasforming xhtml server-side? that's not viable in my case.

Anyway, i've already implemented some simple inline elements (span) support in my plugin using a w3c Range - ms TextRange wrapper object and some hack to use Range.surroundContents() and Range.insertNode() also with ie.
onip

Return to Developers