Forum closed. New forum available at http://community.wymeditor.org/

WYMed since 0.3 is many more complicated. The best way???

Discuss features, code, contributions, ideas, suggestions, ...
For bugs, patches and feature requests, please post on the Trac:
http://trac.wymeditor.org/

WYMed since 0.3 is many more complicated. The best way???

Postby anton on Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:00 am

Hello,

WYMeditor is a very good Editor. I'm working some months with Version 0.2. With Firefox I got from time to time strange errors. So I was curious, as version 0.4 works. And the new Version works (at first sight) faster and more stably! This is good!

But, where is the simplicity? That was the large advantage of WYMeditor! The preference are now many more complicated and I miss functions from version 0.2. Example:

1. I have my own Image dialog and my own dialog for "insertLink" as separate PHP-Files. Works fine under V. 0.2, I had to exchange only the HTML-files and edit two lines in the config-File, ready! But, how I can now easy integrated this Dialogs in Version 0.4?

2. In Version 0.2 I could integrated my own Templates and the Variables (with #1#, #2#,... ) presented WYMeditor as inputfields. This was a cool feature, easy to integrate. And now? How I can integrated my own templates, also easy? :?

WYMeditor is a fine Tool and I see, it was a lot of work. But, please remember to the roots! You had with Version 0.2 a famous Editor created! Ok, with little bugs, but very simple to adjust! Now the editor is many more complicated. It is the right way?
Is the editor of the version 0.2 continued supported? That would be very beautiful.

Greetings,
Anton
anton

Re: WYMed since 0.3 is many more complicated. The best way??

Postby jfh on Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:50 am

Hello Anton,
anton wrote:1. I have my own Image dialog and my own dialog for "insertLink" as separate PHP-Files. Works fine under V. 0.2, I had to exchange only the HTML-files and edit two lines in the config-File, ready! But, how I can now easy integrated this Dialogs in Version 0.4?

WYMeditor has been totally rewritten so long-awaited features can be implemented (e.g. multiple instances), and the integration can be done the 'standard' way (no need to edit files in the package - just customize some settings and you're done).

About dialogs, please take a look at the postInitDialog setting - there's an implementation example at http://files.wymeditor.org/wymeditor/tr ... anced.html

anton wrote:2. In Version 0.2 I could integrated my own Templates and the Variables (with #1#, #2#,... ) presented WYMeditor as inputfields. This was a cool feature, easy to integrate. And now? How I can integrated my own templates, also easy? :?

This can be implemented as a plugin. I've just posted a custom toolbar button example at:
http://forum.wymeditor.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=151

You can also submit a feature request on the Trac site.

anton wrote:WYMeditor is a fine Tool and I see, it was a lot of work. But, please remember to the roots! You had with Version 0.2 a famous Editor created! Ok, with little bugs, but very simple to adjust! Now the editor is many more complicated. It is the right way?

Yes. But I agree it lacks some good documentation/getting started examples, so you'll see how it's much more simple/powerful than 0.2.x!
anton wrote:Is the editor of the version 0.2 continued supported? That would be very beautiful.

I update it from time to time (you can checkout the code with SVN), but unfortunately I don't have enough time at my disposal to fully support it.
As always, any help is welcome.

Thanks for the feedback.
jfh
Site Admin

Postby anton on Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:37 pm

Hi jfh,

thx for your answer. I have respect for this work and I wish you good luck for this great project! But don't forget the users, not all are professionell programmers! JQuerie is perhaps powerful, but not easy to understandably.

I see the examples, but how I can integrated PHP-Code? All Code for the Dialog-Sites must be writing in this Configuration! Is that the "new simplicity"? 8) Is there really no simple way for include a separat file?

Please forgive me, I'm work further with WYM 0.2. I invested one hour to understand the "Philosophy" from WYM 0.2 and I was happy.

I hope, Version 0.2 die not. Give him customizable Tags such as "bold" or "italic" and you have really one for everyone Onlineeditor who can be configured and integrated simply. And then rename this Version to EasyWYM 1.0 :wink:

Have a nice day,
Anton
anton

Return to Developers