Forum closed. New forum available at http://community.wymeditor.org/

Pasted text bug?

Discuss features, code, contributions, ideas, suggestions, ...
For bugs, patches and feature requests, please post on the Trac:
http://trac.wymeditor.org/

Pasted text bug?

Postby Tsuki on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:17 am

Hey everyone,

First of all I absolutely love the concept of WYSIWYM and the editor is fantastic. I can't wait to get it in front of some writers in the office for our CMS.

I'm having a problem though - if I paste text (copied from Notepad) into WYMeditor it remains unformatted. It doesn't put <p> tags around the paragraphs and refuses to make new paragraphs with the return key.

If I use my cursor key (not holding it down, but tapping repetitively) through the document it corrects each paragraph at a time, putting correct markup around the paragraph.

It's a bit of a pain doing this each time. Is this something I've done, or could it be a bug with WYMeditor?

Thanks in advance!

Tsuki
Tsuki

Postby misterm on Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:48 am

How do you start the blank editor-page? Does it have the blank paragraphed line? Make sure it does. It should work fine then.
misterm

Postby Tsuki on Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:36 pm

Hi misterm! Thanks for the suggestion, I've added "<p></p>" as the default content. Indeed this does fix the pasted text bug but seems to introduce another.

When I paste in several paragraphs from OpenOffice Writer the paragraphs come out fine in the editor, however there's an empty paragraph at the very top of the document which is neither editable or removable. It just seems stuck. When I view the HTML code within WYMeditor it shows no such paragraph at the start of the document.

I also tried "<p>&nbsp;</p>" and "<p><br/></p>" but whenever I paste paragraphs I always have this useless one at the top.

Any ideas sir?
Tsuki

Return to Developers