Forum closed. New forum available at http://community.wymeditor.org/

Pop-ups as seperate html files

Discuss features, code, contributions, ideas, suggestions, ...
For bugs, patches and feature requests, please post on the Trac:
http://trac.wymeditor.org/

Pop-ups as seperate html files

Postby hinch on Sat May 10, 2008 2:03 pm

Hi there,

I am extremely happy with the latest release of WYMEditor - it works flawlessly in Safari 3 and Opera 9 for me so massive well dones! A donation will be on it's way when I get more organised.

I was wondering if there is a way of making a modification so the link and image dialogues are separate .html files rather than having to 'inject' code using JS? I think it would be much neater as easier to develop for while also removing the problem of a user refreshing the pop-up or navigating away (such as upload image in same box) thus losing all injected code from parent.

Just a little thought.
hinch

Re: Pop-ups as seperate html files

Postby jfh on Wed May 14, 2008 8:54 pm

hinch wrote:Hi there,

I am extremely happy with the latest release of WYMEditor - it works flawlessly in Safari 3 and Opera 9 for me so massive well dones! A donation will be on it's way when I get more organised.

hinch wrote:I was wondering if there is a way of making a modification so the link and image dialogues are separate .html files rather than having to 'inject' code using JS? I think it would be much neater as easier to develop for while also removing the problem of a user refreshing the pop-up or navigating away (such as upload image in same box) thus losing all injected code from parent.

Just a little thought.

Current system has been introduced to avoid editing any external file - you configure some options and you're done.
But I agree it may not be ideal in some cases. Could you please open a ticket on the Trac, with a description of the problem? A test case would be great, too.

FYI, we're working on a solution to avoid popups, and plan to release it with 0.5 alpha 2.
jfh
Site Admin

Re: Pop-ups as seperate html files

Postby hinch on Fri May 16, 2008 11:48 am

Thanks for your reply.

Are you looking to use a lightbox style effect? Clients adore those and I do find some are extremely compatible - jQuery lightbox is excellent though I believe it currently only supports images. That will be a nice step forward.
hinch

Return to Developers