Forum closed. New forum available at http://community.wymeditor.org/

Cut/paste in IE (bug?)

Discuss features, code, contributions, ideas, suggestions, ...
For bugs, patches and feature requests, please post on the Trac:
http://trac.wymeditor.org/

Cut/paste in IE (bug?)

Postby sjakops on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:32 am

(sorry I could not figure out how to post this in Trac)

My users have some trouble using cut/paste in Internet Explorer - whenever you copy something in the editor and paste it in some P field a new P field is create below the current (we would expect the text to be inserted into the current P field).

I guess you must have already noticed this issue, so maybe it's supposed to be this way, or is it something someone is working on fixing?
sjakops

Re: Cut/paste in IE (bug?)

Postby ciantic on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:04 pm

I think there is several bugs in this Copy&Paste.

If you paste from notepad no matter whether it was Chrome, Firefox or IE the paragraphs are all kooky.

First Copy & Paste bug is reproducible using:
1.) Ctrl+a (select all)
2.) Delete or backspace few times until the the editor is empty, so that there is not even empty paragraph.
3.) Paste several paragraphs from notepad (paragraphs are separated using one empty line between).
You get:
Code: Select all
<div>para 1</div><div>para 2</div><div>para 3</div>...<p>para N</p>

So the last paragraph is pasted correctly but rest is inside div.

Second Copy & Paste bug is reproducible using:
1.) Go to first empty paragraph.
2.) Paste several paragraphs from notepad (paragraphs are separated using one empty line between).
You get:
Code: Select all
<p><p>para 1</p><p>para 2</p><p>para 3</p>...<p>para N</p></p>

Both behaviors are obviously incorrect, and I personally can't use this until I found a way to fix this. Clients don't seem to understand that pasting from notepad is broken.
ciantic

Postby cj7hawk on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:45 am

Sorry, just realized my response wasn't quite what this post was talking about -

David.
cj7hawk

Postby mr_lundis on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:02 pm

sjakops wrote:(sorry I could not figure out how to post this in Trac)

My users have some trouble using cut/paste in Internet Explorer - whenever you copy something in the editor and paste it in some P field a new P field is create below the current (we would expect the text to be inserted into the current P field).

I guess you must have already noticed this issue, so maybe it's supposed to be this way, or is it something someone is working on fixing?

Created ticket #205.

ciantic wrote:I think there is several bugs in this Copy&Paste.

If you paste from notepad no matter whether it was Chrome, Firefox or IE the paragraphs are all kooky.

Created ticket #206.
Jonatan Lundin - designer, developer and forum moderator. You should follow me on Twitter!
mr_lundis

Return to Developers